Employee Affinity Groups
Employee Affinity Groups
An Affinity Group is a group of faculty and staff linked by a common purpose, ideology, or interest. Affinity Groups play a vital role in ensuring an inclusive environment where all are valued, included, and empowered to succeed. They can provide a collective voice for faculty and staff with common interests.
Build and Create a Sense of Community
- Develop a community and support network that nurtures faculty and staff as a visible and vibrant part of the UK environment and leadership
- Provide professional and personal support to faculty and staff
- Give voice to the concerns of faculty and staff on campus
- Help to maintain a positive work environment for faculty and staff
Advocate for, and Support the Recruitment, Retention and Advancement of Faculty and Staff
- Support the growth and professional development of faculty and staff
- Work with UK administration on issues relating to faculty and staff recruitment, retention and advancement
- Assist UK in the area of recruiting, engaging and retaining employees
- Promote and celebrate UK faculty and staff contributions and achievements
- Provide mentoring to faculty and staff
Advocate for, and Support the Recruitment, Retention and Graduation of Students
- Support the UK’s initiative for the recruitment and retention of students
- Promote and celebrate UK student contributions and achievements
- Support and mentor cultural organizations
Network and Collaborate
- Network and collaborate with other Faculty and staff affinity groups in Kentucky
- Support campus community engagement by developing and strengthening collaborative relationships with the community
- Provide opportunities for social and professional networking between faculty, staff, students, and establishments in Kentucky.
Anti-Asian Racism and Stereotyping
The co-chairs of the Asian and Asian American Affinity Group have compiled a document entitled "Resources for the Asian and Asian American Community at UK and Beyond" that is meant to be a helpful guide related to racism during the COVID-19 pandemic. To access this document please click here.
African American, African and Native American Affinity Group
The mission of the AAANA Affinity Group is to provide a community of belonging amongst African, African American, and Native American faculty and staff, where space has been curated for inclusion, intersectional identities, social events, resources, and networking.
Asian and Asian American Affinity Group
The Asian & Asian-American (AAA) Affinity Group builds a community for AAA faculty and staff at UK to: (a) share each other’s stories, (b) support each other; and (c) advocate our needs.
Hispanic/Latinx Affinity Group
The Hispanic/Latinx Affinity group serves as an outlet for employees to connect culturally, socially and to develop community. It also works to allow employees to collaborate, network and discover research opportunities.
LGBTQ+ Affinity Group
The Pride Employee Resource Group (affectionately nicknamed the “PERG”) is composed of UK faculty and staff who identify as members of the LGBTQ+ community or is an ally. The group meets regularly to celebrate shared community and communicate with one another and the institution. Any current UK Employee interested in joining can use the link below to be added to the Microsoft Teams group.
Muslim Affinity Group
To provide unique resources for UK Muslim Affinity Group members and their families and to share information, engage and collaborate within the UK family.
Veterans Affinity Group
The veterans’ affinity group is unique in that it is the only affinity group that is based on an experience. Our group is incredibly diverse in all areas but share the experience of military service. Because we are unique in that regard, our mission is somewhat unique as well.